Saturday 14 September 2013

This Blog


I've already created this blog twice and then deleted it in the past couple years.  I think I'm finally ready...

So, having left yeshiva years ago, and finding it increasingly hard to find a chevruta with a compatible schedule, a good proportion of my learning is solo.  One of the problems there is that another person keeps you honest, calls you out when you don't have a clear understanding.  So I think that keeping a blog could help.  As soon as you are publishing your notes(even if nobody is reading them) you feel the need to read over them again, make sure there aren't any mistakes, make sure your stating an idea clearly.

So currently, I'm reading שעורים לזכר אבי מורי ז"ל and occasionally attending a gemara shiur, so to start I'll be making posts about those.  Language-wise, since this is largely personal notes, I'll be sticking with what's easy for me, so that's English with Hebrew thrown in where appropriate.

Since I'm posting as I learn the sugya, I'm sure I'll make mistakes along the way.  Hopefully I'll realize eventually and make a new post with a corrected understanding.  In any case, I'll try and make a clear distinction between the sources and my understanding of them.  And if you read this and find a mistake, please say so in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment